During the upcoming peak Summer period, patients will as usual be given an appointment where needed with the appropriate team member for their need.
On occasion our doctors may wish to discuss the most suitable care for you.
Please note that all patient appointment requests will be dealt with on the day but we do ask that you call as early in the day as possible if you need an urgent appointment.
NOTICE TO OUR CALLINGTON PATIENTS:
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Rhiannon Starks is joining the Practice on Wednesday 6th June. However, we regretfully announce that Dr. Rob Adams is leaving Tamar Valley Health in June as he is re-locating to another part of the country. We wish Dr. Adams all the very best for the future. We are actively recruiting for this post. If Dr. Adams is your ‘usual’ GP then you will be advised who your new ‘usual’ GP will be once they have been appointed. Until this time you can continue to see any of the GPs or regular locum GPs at Callington.
NOTICE TO OUR GUNNISLAKE PATIENTS:
Dr. Michelle Raspa will be joining the Practice on Thursday 7th June 2018. If Dr. Prior was your ‘usual’ GP before he left you may now have Dr. Raspa as your ‘usual’ GP. Reception can advise you if this is the case after the above date.
PATIENT ONLINE SERVICES:
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
RESET FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
Tamar Valley Health is the general medical practice serving the people of Callington, Gunnislake and surrounding area. We run two surgeries: Callington Health Centre and Gunnislake Health Centre.
Our patients are our priority and this website has been designed with our patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
The technology also means you can now do many things online such as order a repeat prescription, make or cancel an appointment or simply find out more about what we can do for you at Tamar Valley Health.
The doctors and staff at Tamar Valley Health are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, antenatal and postnatal care, minor injuries services, and childhood vaccinations.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Disabled access and facilities are available at both health centres, including automatic doors, disabled toilet facilities, height-adjustable examination couches and hearing loops. If you require additional assistance from a member of staff, please ask, and also please let us know if we are not meeting your needs in this area.
How we use your information at Tamar Valley Health
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception.
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function.
Please see our Current Vacancies page for details of our vacancy for the following role(s):
4-8 session Salaried GP or Partner
(Site updated 21/06/2018)